Ice Breaker for Toastmasters

Ahha.. finally, i'm back to write again to my old looking blog. haha. btw, as the time goes by, there's a lots happened. my 1st speech at toastmasters club, attempting to held a camp, more assignment coming through, my presentations week and many more. but after all that i'm realizing something more important to put me into a corupt society: FINAL EXAMINATION!! i really hate exam. but i have to sit for it. but anyway, let me share with you, my speech that i wrote by myself, edited by Jane, Shyan Yea and Zaidulkhair. my speech didn't go well actually, and now i'm looking for idea for the second speech. anyone have an idea?? please let me know.

this is text for my first speech. i just want to remember the butterflies in my stomach during i delivered it. God knows!!
ENJOY!!

ESSENTIAL SKILLS
by: KhairudinMuhamed

Did you enjoy your childhood days? I love my childhood. Let me share with you my story when I was 4. I already miss those days. That is the essence of who I am today. the one who standing in front of you now. My name, Mohd Khairudin Muhamed was given by my lovely mom, thanks mom though you can’t hear me right now. But before that, I want to share with you a little bit about my family and me. I was born on 19th January 1988 at my home where I still living there.

A family of 8 siblings and I’m the third. I am proud to be son of both of my parents. They are so kind and take care of me when I was a little child. My brothers and sisters are supportive and very nice. We do things together, having fun is our pleasure. When we came in a cold war, our parents calmed us down.

Life move to centre stage of Hollywood when I entered a kindergarten. I’m realize that I’m famous at that time. Because? Not because I could act, I’m the tallest student at that time. My teachers paid their focus and they kept asking me question. They made me focus on everything they thought and I followed with all my heart

One day, there was a coloring competition being held. They give us a picture of yacht. As I began coloring the yacht, a boy came in hurry, he was late that day. He took his yacht picture and began coloring it. Then, suddenly the classroom was very quiet. Everyone has busy with their color pencils and the picture of the yacht.

Suddenly, “Teacher, I’m done!!” said the boy who came in very last. Everybody was surprised. The curious teacher made her way to the boy. As she arrived there, “OMG, are you thinking that this fastest one is going to win?” she asked the boy. Then she turns to everyone in the class showing the art completed by the boy. The boy just used single color of blue to color the whole yacht. Everybody laughed. At the end of the coloring competition, it turned out that I who won the first prize.

As I was enrolled into the primary school, I’m still the tallest student. Teachers keep asking me; “Are you really 7 years old?” they were curious. I didn’t realize my special height until one day a teacher measured all the students’ height. I was surprised, my height have reached 132cm at that time while others height were just between 120 cm.

As time goes by, I began having many friends. I’m happy to have them as my friends and every time I got back home, I will visit them. Hope they are fine. Be friends with them have taught me a lot of things. For example, they taught me how to swim. Most of my childhood friends grew up in the Sg.Kelantan which is not too far from my school. When the bell rang, we will hurry ourselves to the river, took off our uniforms and jumped into the river.

Although the river was so cold, it was so refreshing. My mother didn’t know that I bath in river everyday. Some of my friends were extremely brave, standing on the bridge and jump into the river. I was petrified seeing my friends taking 1-2 minutes to rise up. But as soon as they showed up, I will applause for their bravery. About an hour and a half later, we came up from the river, and then headed back home. I can’t wait for tomorrow to come to the water journey with my friends.

When my ages reach 10 years old, there was something that possesses me. Guess what? A 10 years old boy who always thinking about having fun now got addicted to computer games. My home do not have computer until 2004. So I began to step into the world of Cyber Café when I was just 10 years old. Once again I look forward to the last bell to ring. Thinking to myself, my freedom to go to the Cyber Café. I was addicted to the cyber games all the time.

At that time, the game that caught my attention the most is Star Craft. Do you know about it? It’s a Role Playing Game (RPG). I enjoy playing them along with my friends. My friends taught me how to play. I am a fast learner, just need 3 days to understand the game and enjoy playing. But in the end, the cyber Café had leave me with something that will last forever. It’s was my spectacle.

Something that I am glad is because of the computer games; I started to love computer. Make me want to learn more about computer. Today I am able to understand the computer language. So far I understand a little bit about HTML and I’m on my way learning the JavaScript.

I will cherish my childhood memories my whole life because it had brought me certain skill in my life today. During my kindergarten days, I learned that being quick in finishing task doesn’t mean the best work can be produced. All work must be done with your whole heart. During my primary school days, the Sg. Kelantan was my inspiration to swim.

Today I enjoy swimming. If anyone interested to learn how to swim, come and follow me to my hometown. I’ll teach you the traditional way. And last but not least, about my computer skills today, I am able to utilize my skills to complete my work or assignment. I have gain different essential skills that I will not be able to gain in a formal class, FOC and I will always cherish it. That’s all from me. Thank you. Back to you, toastmaster of the evening.

8 comments:

  1. inchek... bnyknyerrr rerama dlm peyot tu.. btw,, practice mk purfect.. kamu kira cukup berani wat speech dpn all da superb guest. applause!! *wink2*

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe..tankayu2.. terpaksa.. tapi best la plak.. rase nak wat lagi.. haha.. wapon hancur 1st time.. revenge2

    ReplyDelete
  3. owh...apsal ko kene deliver speech ni weyh??

    ReplyDelete
  4. pasal aku gatal g masuk kelab tuh.. hehe.. walo camne pon.. bnda ni mnarik.. jom2 g mid valley 13 april nie.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. khai ko di tagged..haha..

    ReplyDelete
  6. apsal nama mamat bernama ***zaidulkhair** tu naik ???
    hoi...hoi...
    hoi...

    ***malunyer aku...

    hohohoho...

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha..bese la tu..bagi kredit skit..

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol...
    pasal credit tu , aku x mengharap pun...
    hahaha...

    tp aku rase bersalah , ko kata ko x perform (*my speech didn't go well actually, and now i'm looking for idea for the second speech...)

    mungkin salah aku gak...

    sorry r...

    =D

    ReplyDelete